If the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 bootstrapper package is selected in the Prerequisite dialog box for a Setup project or in ClickOnce publishing, and also the "Download prerequisites from the same location as my application" option is selected, the following build error is shown:
The install location for prerequisites has not been set to 'component vendor's web site' and the file 'dotNetFx35setup.exe' in item 'Microsoft.Net.Framework.3.5.SP1' cannot be located on disk.
To resolve this issue:
Update the Package Data
- Open the [Program Files]\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Bootstrapper\Packages\DotNetFx35SP1 folder or %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Bootstrapper\Packages\DotNetFx35SP1 on x64 operating systems
- Edit the Product.xml file in Notepad.
- Paste the following into the < PackageFiles > element:
< PackageFile Name="TOOLS\clwireg.exe" />
< PackageFile Name="TOOLS\clwireg_x64.exe" />
< PackageFile Name="TOOLS\clwireg_ia64.exe" />
- Find the element for < PackageFile Name="dotNetFX30\XPSEPSC-x86-en-US.exe" and change the PublicKey value to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
- Find the element for < PackageFile Name="dotNetFX30\XPSEPSC-amd64-en-US.exe" and change the PublicKey value to the same as in step 4 above
- Save the product.xml file
Download and Extract the Core Installation Files
- Navigate to the following URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkID=118080
- Download the dotNetFx35.exe file to your local disk.
- Open a Command Prompt window and change to the directory to which you downloaded dotNetFx35.exe.
- At the command prompt, type:
This will extract the Framework files to a folder named “WCU” in the current directory.
- Copy the contents of the WCU\dotNetFramework folder and paste them in the %Program Files%\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Bootstrapper\Packages\DotNetFx35SP1 folder (%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Bootstrapper\Packages\DotNetFx35SP1 on x64 operating systems). Note: Do not copy the WCU\dotNetFramework folder itself. There should be 5 folders under the WCU folder, and each of these should now appear in the DotNetFx35SP1 folder. The folder structure should resemble the following:
o DotNetFx35SP1 (folder)
- dotNetFX20 (folder
- dotNetFX30 (folder)
- dotNetFX35 (folder)
- dotNetMSP (folder)
- TOOLS folder)
- en (or some other localized folder)
- dotNetFx35setup.exe (file)
You may now delete the files and folders you downloaded and extracted in steps 2 and 4.